Thursday, June 21, 2007

hookin'

Worked on a family heirloom today and had a lovely day without the little darlings. My goal is to get this rug done before the end of September. I only started hooking it about 4 years ago and its still not done. I just have to finish the border, simple right? Would be simple if I didn't have so many other fun things to do. I'll finish it for Georgia, guess it will be her's someday.

If you haven't tried hooking, its like colouring on burlap with pieces of wool, and the results are nice, old fashioned looking rugs or wall hangings. Just one of my hobbies :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember this mat!! This gives me a spurt of "wanting to hook even if it's by myself"....thanks Mon. You give me inpiration ... and so young too!!! This mat is going to be beautiful when complete...keep up the great work.